Larry Amato has provided Design, Implementation, and Project Management Consulting services to clients with Automation, Communication, Controls, Electrical, and Instrumentation needs since 1972.
- 2006 - Present Automation, Communications, Control Systems, Electrical, & Instrumentation Study, Design, and Implementation Services:
- AMR, SCADA, Radio Communications & Frame Relay Communications Design & Implementation Projects for Electric Cooperative Transmission & Distribution system
- SCADA & Radio Communications Design, Construction Management, & Implementation for Storage Tank / Vault and Solar Powered Distribution PRV Vaults for Town Water Supply System
- Redundant SCADA & Communications Project Management to meet NERC requirements for Electric Utility Generation, Transmission, and Distribution system
- OPGW Fiber Optic aerial cable Design for 13 miles of electrical transmission line to support Wind Energy project
- Created a detailed SCADA System RFP and aided in Vendor selection, as part of a Smart Grid award from the DOE, to a large Wyoming Electric Cooperative
- 1988 - 2006 Served as Prinicipal w/ one of Colorado's Largest Electrical, Controls, & Automation Engineering Consulting Corporations:
- Started and Managed the Control Systems, Automation, & Communications Department
- Served as Corporate Treasurer for 15 years
- Served as Board of Director for 12 years
- Designed, Implemented, and Project Managed various projects
- Began as the 18th employee and helped grow the company to approximately 100 employees prior to my departure to start Amato Consulting, LLC
- 1972 - 1988
- Provided various Control Systems, Automation, Instrumentation, and Electrical Design and Implementation Services to the following Industries: Biotechnology; Electrical; Food & Beverage; Mining; Oil & Gas; Packaging; Petrochemical; Pulp & Paper; and Water & Wastewater.