|SCADA & COMM - TOWN OF FIRESTONE, CO
- SCADA & Communications Requirements:
- Control, Monitor, and Alarm (2) two each Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) stations, located in underground vaults, for Water Supply to multiple residential neighborhoods and commercial areas
- Implement Solar Power System for automation, instrumentation and radio communications equipment
- Integrate PRV's, Flowmeter, Pressure Transmitters, Security Hatch Switch, Sump Level Switch, and Solar Battery Bank Controller to Local Controller.
- Remote Current & Historical Flowmeter and Pressure Transmitter Data to Town Maintenance Facility
- Cell phone and email Alarm Notification of High & Low Pressures, High Flow, Vault Hatch Entry, High Vault Water Level, and High & Low Battery Voltage
- Amato Consulting Services & Project Status -
- Design, Specify, Procure, and Configure 24VDC Solar Power System to include Photovoltaic Panels, Charge Controller, and AGM Batteries
- Design, Specify, Procure 24VDC Control System to include: Control Cabinet; Low Power Programmable Logic Controller (PLC); Security Hatch Entry Switch; Flowmeter Control Unit to provide 4-20 mAdc and Totalizer Output; and Vault Sump High Level Switch
- Paper and Physical Radio Path Studies with Design and programming of 900 MHz Spread Spectrum Radio System extention to provide communications between Vault PLC and Maintenance Faciltiy Operator Interface
- Detailed Controls, Electrical, Instrumentation, and Communication Wiring & Installation Schematics
- Subcontracted and Managed Electrical Contractor for installation and wiring of Solar System, Controls, Electrical, Instrumentation, and Radio equipment
- PLC programming and testing Control, Instrument Monitoring, and Alarm & Data Outputs
- Specify & Procure Upgrade for Operator Interface ICONICS GENESIS 32
- Operator Interface Displays include: Overview with Live System Parameters; PRV Layout with Live Data; Alarm condition & acknowledgement; Trending Screen; and Communications Status & Statistics
- Alarm notifications to cell phone and email
- September 2009 - Completed Project.
- 2010 - Completed 3rd Solar PRV site.
- 2011 - Completed 4th Solar and 1st Electric Metered PRV sites.